Thread: CS:GO Config

Post CS:GO Config

Has anyone made a config for CS:GO yet? I would but I am concerned with a couple things. There are two configs in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg" folder. The first config is titled "Config.cfg" and the other is titled "Config_default.cfg" The Config_default.cfg has this inside when you open it:

// YWB 10/10/03:
    // If the user doesn't have a config.cfg when they run, this gets executed the first time they run the engine
    // It doesn't execute if they have their own config.cfg saved out.
    unbindallmousekeyboard

I am thinking that this is like some form of an "Autoexec.cfg". I am really concerned with this, because are we suppose to our own Autoexec.cfg or use this as the Autoexec.cfg. In CS 1.6 the Autoexec.cfg was the Userconfig.cfg, and all your settings went in their, and in CSS the Autoexec was Autoexec.cfg.

The next part I want to go over is settings and netcode. From the get go the game runs really good graphically and registration wise. There is no real need to tweak anything in my opinion, because the game seems to react well on it's own default settings, but I was wondering if anyone had any input based on this information. The game defaults the rate @ 25K-30K for me depending on the server, and defaults the CMD and Update Rate @ about 102.xxx. There are some other variables that follow after the 102, but it changes a lot based on the server, so I doubt it's a set thing.

Settings I am concerned about:

rate: ?
    cl_cmdrate: ?
    cl_updaterate: ?
    cl_interp: ?
    cl_interp_ratio: ?

Here is a thread on another forum showing some settings, but there is no info about rates, just interp. cadred.org | CS:GO Config Commands Here

Thanks NCI,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -

I turned my rate up. It used to default to like 20000. I put it at 30000. the cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate are both 102 by default. It will run that on listen servers but i noticed the rates are inconsistent on valve servers. ive seen then as low as 40s. The reg shows on that to.

net_graph "1"
    cl_interp ".01"
    cl_interp_ratio "1"
    cl_cmdrate 102.400002
    cl_updaterate 102.400002
    rate "30000"

Quote Originally Posted by jowy View Post
    net_graph "1"
    cl_interp ".01"
    cl_interp_ratio "1"
    cl_cmdrate 102.400002
    cl_updaterate 102.400002
    rate "30000"
    Am I able to make these settings into an Autoexec.cfg? or do I have to "exec" them at start up.

HoltzmaN's CS:GO Lessons - Configs & Console Setup - YouTube

you've played with this guy on esea btw.

Quote Originally Posted by jowy View Post
    HoltzmaN's CS:GO Lessons - Configs & Console Setup - YouTube

you've played with this guy on esea btw.
    I have O_o. I have played so many people that I don't remember

I tried the config and the settings are good, but I changed Interp from .01 to 0, cause 0 gives me lower lerp. .01 gives me 10 and 0 gives me 9.8

Quote Originally Posted by SMOR3S View Post
    I have O_o. I have played so many people that I don't remember

I tried the config and the settings are good, but I changed Interp from .01 to 0, cause 0 gives me lower lerp. .01 gives me 10 and 0 gives me 9.8
    When I play on european servers, I ping about 180 so I do make it lerp at 20 and set the rate to the lowest possible. So I just make interp 0.01 and leave ratio at 2 and set my rates to 20,000. This gives me the best reg.

Because I play at a lan center a lot, I type in my configs every single time. So I'm not using an autoexec.
    Last edited by jowy; 03-15-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Thread Information